FAQ – Roof Cleaning
Roof cleaning has made it to the home maintenance list and it has become a necessity. Below are some frequently asked questions, if you have a question that is not answered please do not hesitate to reach out as we are happy to answer any questions you may have!
Our roof cleaning is done by using manufacturer’s recommendations only.
- Will my roof leak?
- We use a soft wash method that has been proven to clean and extend the longevity of your roof without damaging pressure. Our method will not make your roof leak. Your roof will only leak if there are pre-existing cracks or leaks in your roofing system.
- Are my plants and landscaping safe?
- We take proper precautions after our technicians run a property protection plan to keep all plants and landscaping safe. We keep plants wet before, during and after the treatment application. We also apply a plant fortifier at the end of the treatment.
- Why are there still spots on my roof?
- The areas of moss and lichen that are still left behind have a root system that has embedded itself into the shingle. The roof cleaning treatment will slowly break down the root system and deteriorate. All roof cleanings include a free 30-day follow-up.
- How much pressure are you using on my roof?
- Our roof cleaning pumps do not exceed 100psi.
- Do you get on the roof?
- In some cases, yes. If the roof is above a 4/12 pitch, we treat from the top of a ladder rather than getting on the roof.
- How long does it last for?
- We warranty our roof cleanings for 5 years.